You have questions and we have answers! Below you will find our most commonly asked questions and answers to match.
Could I Use My Cozy Canadian Campfire Indoors?
Cozy Canadian Campfires are designed and tested for OUTDOOR use only. You should not use them indoors.
How do I use my Cozy Canadian Campfire?
1. Check surroundings to ensure it is safe to light the product. This product is for OUTDOOR use only. It should not be used indoors.
2. Place the product on a non-burnable sturdy surface, a trivet is suggested to place the product on. Keep product clear of match remains and other objects which may present a fire hazard.
3. Use a lighter (torch bbq lighter works best) to light the exposed charcoal, hold flame over charcoal tip for 30 seconds, then move to the other pieces.
4. If the charcoal has any wax on it from a previous burn, simply scrape off the light lawyer of wax. We suggest using a knife or scissors for this task. The wax will easily wash off using soap and water.
5. The soy wax used in this product will go from a solid to a liquid and can become very hot. Do not move when lit to avoid any personal injury or burns. Wait until the tin has cooled and the wax has started to harden prior to moving.
6. When ready to extinguish, slide the top over the can to snuff out the fire, DO NOT use water to extinguish. We suggest not burning for longer than one hour at a time. Product can be re-lit and used 3 or 4 times, should you burn it a hour at a time! Discontinue use when 1 inch of wax remains. If using to roast marshmallows, please allow the product to burn for about 15-20 minutes prior to roasting.
How do I put out my Cozy Canadian Campfire?
When ready to extinguish, slide the top over the can to snuff out the fire, DO NOT use water to extinguish. We suggest not burning for longer than one hour at a time. Product can be re-lit and used 3 or 4 times, should you burn it a hour at a time
Are Cozy Canadian Campfires reusable or refillable?
Unfortunately, no Cozy Canadian Campfires are not refillable. However, they are indeed reusable. You can re-light our campfire multiple times. Simply put out the flame by sliding the lid over the flame. Allow it to cool and harden, then relight it. It has a total burn time of 3 to 4 hours. Once the wax and charcoal are gone you may recycle the tin.
Is this a candle?
This is not a candle. This does not have any scent other than the scent made by the burning charcoal. Which is quite pleasant. The entire surface of the tin becomes a flame. It generates more heat and a significantly larger flame, that's how you roast the marshmallows!
Is this made in Canada?
Of course! Cozy Canadian Campfires are made by Canadian couple Felicia and Brent, who live in Ontario, Canada. Who happen to be skilled trades people that love the outdoors.
Can you roast items over the flame?
Yes, it is safe to roast small items over the flame. We use 100% non toxic soy wax and food grade charcoal. There is no fragrance in Cozy Canadian Campfires and is great for roasting marshmallows and making everyone's favourite, s'mores! So yes to s'mores but no to steak, better leave that for the BBQ!
Are Cozy Canadian Campfires travel safe for planes?
Yes, the ideal way to travel with your Cozy Canadian Campfire is to put it in your carry on or in your checked baggage. We suggested checked baggage as the best way to transport your campfires to friends and family.